Outpacing competition in today’s CPG industry has become so complex that some have likened it to mixed martial arts. Players enter the space from every direction. And small agile players can out-hustle and surpass established brands by leveraging innovative tools like predictive analytics and data-driven insights.
Today’s buyer wants products that cater to their emerging needs through their favorite channels. As a result, historic data is much less valuable than it used to be. And that’s why the highest performing insight teams are continuously cultivating an understanding of what customers’ needs and desires will be tomorrow, next week, and next month — rather than only what they are today.
Companies need insights teams who can:
See the unseeable in the market to play a leadership role in setting strategic marketing objectives.
Shine a spotlight on the highest-potential opportunities using a consumer-centric lens.
Deliver data-driven consultancy to various departments.
Insights teams can satisfy every one of these critical needs with the help of predictive insights.tomorrow’s customer.
By tracking the most comprehensive indicators for consumer sentiment, search trends, and category-specific information, the most productive insights teams are synthesizing data into actionable strategies driven by predictive insights about tomorrow’s customer.
Three Ways Insights Teams Use Data to Level-up Market Understanding
Use-Case #1: Developing Forward-looking Strategies
With new brands launching every day, innovative and competitive threats become more formidable by the hour. To establish and maintain a competitive advantage, insights teams must actually begin informing strategies by seeing the unseeable. And this begins by uncovering emerging consumer desires and anticipating market needs.
It sounds like an unattainable ask, but it’s not.
Insights teams don’t have the luxury of being reckless and following a hunch. Instead, they need to make quality recommendations backed by solid and predictive data.
Until now, trying to develop recommendations based solely on predictions has been:
Helio puts this power at your fingertips. In three clicks, users can:
- Time-consuming if you’ve tried to do it alone
- Too expensive, especially if you’ve bought a ton of data or software that doesn’t work
- Often fruitless either way
Even after investing all those hours and resources, insights teams are likely to miss a future category disruptor or a nuanced insight that could change everything — simply because they couldn’t see it coming.
Why? Because until now, insights teams have been forced to work with the same rear-view-facing information that’s already in the hands of the competition.
But Helio’s revolutionary insights infrastructure is helping insights teams:
- Never fly blind. We aggregate data on 1.5M consumer brands and 16M trends and are adding new data every day.
- Operate on the cutting edge of CPG innovation. Looking for new consumer brands and trends across Amazon, DTC, E-Commerce, Retail, and Media data sources is what gets us up in the morning.
- Predict how significantly a brand or category will delight tomorrow’s consumer. Helio uses hundreds of key performance indicators to generate a tangible predictive score (HGP).
Helio helps insights teams see the unseen and then reverse engineer innovation strategies, so investments produce results with longevity and momentum.
Use-Case #2: Strengthening Consumer Understanding
Purchase and consumption habits are changing. Deeply understanding the nuances within this shift and designing a strategic road forward is more important than ever.
But as the economy slows, companies must do more with less. So there’s not a lot of flexibility for CPG organizations to strengthen or add new analytics departments. And even if the budget is in good shape, aggregating data manually is time consuming, to say the least.
By the time data is manually gathered and synthesized, new trends and sources have emerged, and you’re likely to have missed them.
As a result, innovative insights teams are turning to automation in order to gather and analyze information about emerging consumer trends.
With increased emphasis on spending efficiency, insights teams must be able to justify the spend on these automation tools:
How much real value are the tools bringing to the business? Do the tools help generate new ideas? Are these tools enabling the insights team to leverage new data sources and new ways of working for the business?
Tools that were cutting edge just a few years ago can’t uncover VOC insights the way social media listening tools and in-depth analytics from consumer reviews can.
To extract meaningful and actionable insights, organizations must aggregate data from every input source.
Enter Helio — the ultimate utility tool for CPG insights teams. With Helio, you have predictive insights at your fingertips. More data. Fewer tools. Less noise.
Helio clients are able to:
- Efficiently leverage data on 1.5M consumer brands and 16M trends — and counting.
- Make better business decisions using synthesized data (aggregated from consumer reviews, social media performance indicators, and more) all in one harmonized environment.
- Have at-a-glance insights into brand performance using a 360-degree lens.
Use-Case #3: Enhancing Contributions to the Broader Business Strategy
Organizations trust their insights teams to help inform business decisions.
To deliver on this expectation, insights teams must discern between flash-in-the-pan fads and emerging trends with legs and potential for real momentum.
Without Helio, insights teams are left wondering:
What if we didn’t really understand the consumer? Might we have overestimated the size of the opportunity? Have we missed something? Could our recommendations be blamed for creating an expensive mistake?
But with comprehensive data and the right platform, meaningful and actionable insights materialize. Suddenly, it’s easier to discern between fads and solid opportunities.
With Helio, you can:
- Manage your supply pipeline. With Helio, your first-year sales forecasts are data-driven and based on revenue and growth of other emerging brands in the space. So it becomes easier to set realistic targets from the outset and predict demand.
- Make better-informed decisions. Now you can benchmark similar launches in your category and anticipate the size and pace of future success. This way, you can make more strategic plans and inform a host of decisions.
- Move ahead with more confidence. Analyze growth and expansion indicators to dig deeper into the VOC as trends are emerging — not after the fact. Before forging ahead, the organization can ensure your innovations resonate with emerging consumer desires and expectations.
- Avoid launching unsuccessful products. Of course, every organization seeks positive outcomes. A significant component of net positive outcomes is dodging bullets. Sure, Helio enables insights teams to uncover trends you wouldn’t otherwise have noticed, identify categories that are ripe for disruption, and be first to market. But a profound benefit of Helio that clients love is finding unique KPIs that can reveal limitations with potential investments, so you can prevent the organization from making a grave mistake.
Learn More About Helio
Rapidly-evolving consumer behavior calls for a rapidly-evolving response. That’s exactly what you get with Helio.
To uncover insights and future-proof CPG brands, teams need to operate ahead of the curve and the competition. With a precise focus on predictive analytics, Helio helps insights teams dig deeper before pitching ideas.
Take action and request a demo today.
Begin cutting through the noise and presenting future pockets of growth to the organization. You’ll love how Helio helps you solve business problems in a way that both captivates the consumer and addresses their needs efficiently and profitably.